NY Now Reveals Best New Products
NY Now, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, named its Best New Product award winners last week.
The awards recognize and celebrate the extraordinary product offerings from exhibitors across the market. Hundreds of exhibitors entered the awards and one winner was chosen from each of the ten sections within the Home, Lifestyle and Handmade Collections currently on display in the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, including the Accent on Design section, which was added to the program for the first time this market.
“This year’s Best New Product Awards winners are all incredible examples of this year’s hottest trends and truly set the bar for design in a variety of categories,” said Scott Kramer, NY Now co-director and vp, Emerald Expositions. “NY NOW is the destination for the most innovative brands that are combining design and functionality and our panel of expert judges certainly had a wealth of options to consider before naming this year’s winners.”
Winners of the winter 2017 “Best New Product” Awards are:
• Accent on Design: Campstove from BioLite
• Home Furnishings + Textiles: FEZ Duvet Cover from Cloud9 Design
• Tabletop + Gourmet Housewares: Chocolate Covered Farmstead Caramels from Big Picture Farm, pictured
• Baby + Child: Rookie Humans Crib Sheet from Rookie Humans
• Gift: Tooth Fairy Kit from Inklings Paperie
• Personal Accessories: The Black Cat on the Moon from Moonglow Jewelry
• Personal Care + Wellness: Razor Bump Scrub from The Men’s Soap Shop
• Handmade Designer Maker: Arrow Cheese Marker Set from Beehive Handmade, pictured
• Handmade Global Design: Sari Throw from Anchal Project
• Artisan Resource: Ethical Fashion Tie from Korbata
Best in Market Award
The Sari Throw by Anchal Project
The Best in Market Award recognizes one extraordinary product that stood out among the 10 category winners of the Best New Product Awards. Inspired by the strong women of Anchal’s artisan program, the Sari Throw revolutionizes traditional kantha quilting with contemporary geometric designs through aggregated stitch patterns. Hand-stitched from six layers of 100 percent certified organic cotton, the detailed stitched patterns and paneling create dynamic intersections of color and texture.
Best Exclusive Launch Award
The Lucite Backgammon Set in Pink and White from Wilouby International was chosen as the winner. This honor recognizes a standout product that made its official debut exclusively at the winter 2017 market, which was Feb. 3-8, in the destination: new product display
“NY Now is unrivalled in the variety and caliber of exclusive launches that take place at each event, and the winter 2017 market is no exception,” said Randi Mohr, NY Now co-director and vice president, Emerald Expositions, the market’s organizer “Wilouby International’s Lucite Backgammon Set received the ‘Best Exclusive Launch’ Award because it is beautiful, fun and sure to be a favorite among buyers and consumers alike.”