Dallas Gourmet Announces Gold Housewares
Dallas Market Center, the fastest growing housewares marketplace in the country, announced the winners of the first annual Dallas Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards at an awards ceremony and cocktail reception held on the first floor of the Trade Mart during the Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market.
The Dallas Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards recognize exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet housewares industry who exhibit in Dallas. Housewares products have expanded dramatically at Dallas Market Center, with more than 300 housewares product lines now featured throughout the Housewares neighborhood in the Trade Mart. The winners are:
• Best Barware: Smoking Box from Crafthouse by Fortessa
• Best Cookware/Bakeware: Dexas Elevated Silicone Baking Mat by Dexas International Ltd.
• Best Cutlery: Cangshan T1 Series 8-inch Chef Knife with Magnetic Knife Sheath by Cangshan Cutlery Company
• Best Kitchen Electrics: Compact Digital Scale (cast aluminum) by KitchenIQ
• Best Kitchen Tools & Gadgets: ChicWrap Parchment Dispenser by Allen Reed Co. Inc.
• Best Serveware: Forte Condiment Server by Nambe
• Best Kitchen Textiles: Jean Dubost Pig Tea Towel by The French Farm
• Best Beverageware: Glass Core Bottle (16- and 12-ounce) by Zoku LLC
• Best in Class: Smoking Box from Crafthouse by Fortessa
Judging for the awards was based on innovation, user-friendliness and visual appeal. This year’s judges include: Kent Rathbun, a four-time James Beard nominated chef and restaurateur; Mark Vamos, a business journalism professor at Southern Methodist University and Dallas Morning News special contributor; and Karen Chandler, the owner of Kitchenwares on the Square in McKinney, Texas.