Best New Teas Revealed at World Tea Expo
At the World Tea Expo in Las Vegas last month, the tea industry recognized the industry’s best products.
The World Tea Expo Best New Product Awards recognize the best tea and related products from among the exhibitors. This year, three awards were presented.
- Open Class -TeaTime Magazine
- Tea Gifting - Dobashien
In related news, World Tea Expo's 4th Annual World Tea Awards revealed winners in 15 award categories.
- Best Tea Health Advocate Winner - Maria Uspenski, The Tea Spot
- Best Consumer-oriented Marketing Campaign/Promotion Winner - #DrinkTea Campaign, Created by Gail Gastelu of The Tea House Times for The Tea Council of the U.S.A.
- Best Tea Brewing Device (Electric) Winner - Teforia
- Best Tea Brewing Device (Non-electric) Winner - Bonavita Glass Teapot
- Best Retail Shop, Cafe, Bar Winner - Chado Tea House
- Best Tea Accessory Winner - Zojirushi Thermos
- Best Tea Community-level Campaign Winner - #DrinkTea Campaign, Created by Gail Gastelu of The Tea House Times for The Tea Council of the U.S.A.
- Best Tea Publication Winner - The TEA Book, by Linda Gaylard
- Best Tea Social Media Campaign Winner - Campaign to Crowdfund Tea Journey Magazine, by Publisher Dan Bolton
- Best E-commerce Tea (or Accoutrements) Website Winner - Harney & Sons
- Best Tea Trade Website (Wholesale) Winner - Camellia Sinensis
- Best Specialty Tea Brand Winner - Adagio
- Best Tea Blog Winner - Camellia Sinensis Tea Taster's Blog
- Best Tea Educator Winner - James Norwood Pratt
- Best Tea Industry Innovation Winner - ITO EN Research & Development
Global Tea Championship Winner's Tasting Circle
World Tea Expo 2017 also hosted the Global Tea Championship (GTC) Winner's Tasting Circle, where attendees tasted and voted upon their favorite teas, and the winners received the People's Tea Choice Award. Entrants in the Global Tea Championship Winner's Tasting Circle at World Tea Expo 2017 were all previous winners from recent Global Tea Championship evaluations. The Global Tea Championship is an independent competition that evaluates and distinguishes the highest quality and best tasting specialty teas. This year, World Tea Expo attendees voted for the following winners, all of whom received the People's Tea Choice Award:
- Best Ready to Drink - Try My T with Try My T
- Best Hot Black Tea - Lumbini Tea Factory (PVT) LTD. with Lumbini Sinharaja Wiry Tips (FBOPF Extra Special)
- Best Hot Green Tea - Sugimoto America with SA Hoji Cha
- Best Hot White Tea - Glenburn Tea Direct with Darjeeling Silver Needle
- Best Hot Dark/Pu-Erh Tea - Dethlefsen & Balk, Inc. with Pu Erh Pistachio
- Best Hot Herbal Tea - World Flavorz Spice & Tea Co. with Lavender Peach
- Best Foodservice Iced Tea - TeaSource LLC with Minnesota N'Ice Tea
- Best Single Serve Hot Tea - Zealong Tea Estate with Zealong Black
Next year's event takes place June 12 -14, 2018 (with pre-conference activities on June 11). Visit WorldTeaExpo.com.